Sunday, October 7, 2012

Mixing Things Up


As most quilters, I began to develop my skills creating traditional quilts.  However, within a few years I began to paint on my quilts.  This is officially my first mixed media quilt.

It was created to participate in a fall challenge for the Beatrice, NE Quilter's Guild Show.  The sunbonnet block was a red work pattern from a quilting magazine.  I wish that I could remember which one it was! Instead of doing the hand embroidery, I used textile paints to create the block.  The rest of the quilt is machine pieced, hand appliqued, and hand quilted.

 If someone knows where I found the sunbonnet pattern, let me know and I will be sure to give them credit.  I guess that is a big lesson in documenting all information on the back of your quilts!

Peeking into the Past,  Linda B

 

No comments:

Post a Comment