Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Inspiring Friends

The January/February 2014 Issue

I want to share with you something wonderful that my friend, Linda Turner, has done.  First of all she has put me to shame, by machine embroidering 45 or more onesies for her first grandchild.  I have yet to embroider one! 

Then she took the onesies and created a fabulous quilt with them.  She even included photo transfers of the granddaughter wearing some of the onesies.
Linda Turner's article, "A-Very" Special Quilt

Next she wrote an article  about how she made the quilt, and had it published in the January/February 2014 issue of Designs in Machine Embroidery.  It is titled, "A-Very Special Quilt" and is found on page 62 of the magazine.  She does a great job of instructing you on how to create your very own t-shirt quilt. 

This was her second article that she has written for that publication, and she was featured on an episode of , "Inside Zede's Sewing Studio" where she explained how she does machine embroidery on a little onesies.

By surrounding myself with other talented and creative people, I am inspired to try new and unusual things.  By the way, she asked me to machine quilt Avery's Very Special Quilt.

May you always have inspiring friends! -Linda


1 comment: